Friday, November 21, 2008

Philosophy of Teaching



"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge." - Albert Einstein

It is my intention to direct the focus of my professional career and goals toward art education because I am passionate about self-expression, creativity and education, and feel that these passions can help to maintain the importance of visual arts in our schools, communities and society as a whole. It is my belief that art education provides students with opportunities for individual expression, creative possibility and exploration and multicultural diversity. Art is a basic component of our every day, engaging our senses and enhancing our awareness of the world around us. Art is a reflective backdrop for our reality and it deserves a certain respect and recognition within our education system. It is of the utmost importance that we procure an artistic tradition for generations to come and I plan to maintain and demonstrate this ideal in my classroom and throughout my career.

No comments: